A natural diabetes cure that is beneficial for diabetes treatment is cinnamon. This wonderful spice has many uses, but the most important is the healing power it has for diabetics. Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) is native to Sri Lanka and dates back in Chinese writings to 2800 BC, it is still known as ‘kwai’ in the Chinese’s language today.
Cinnamon is a spice that is obtained from the inner bark of the tree known as Cinnamomum. As mentioned before, Cinnamon trees are native to South East Asia, however it did have some mysterious origins in Europe until the sixteenth century.
Following are a few natural diabetes cure benefits on how cinnamon is good for diabetes treatment:
- Cinnamon is especially beneficial for people with diabetes, it can help with the regulatory effect on your blood sugar
- Cinnamon can lower your LDL (the bad one) cholesterol, simply add ½ teaspoon to your cereal, or drink
- Cinnamon is a great source of iron, fibre, calcium and manganese
- Cinnamon is a natural food preservative as it is able to inhibit food spoilage and bacterial growth in food
- Cinnamon can stop the excessive spread of cancer cells in lymphoma and leukaemia
- The smelling of cinnamon can increase cognitive function and memory
- A simple recipe of cinnamon powder mixed with one tablespoon of honey each morning before breakfast can be very beneficial in the relief of arthritic pain
- Cinnamon has the ability to balance your blood sugar and helps to lower your cholesterol
This wonderful spice is a natural diabetes cure as cinnamon has shown in studies that is can actually make your cells more responsive to insulin, which of course will allow you to have better control of your blood glucose.
Following is a list of the benefits of cinnamon:
- The reduction of blood sugar, cholesterol and triglyceride levels by as much as 20%
- Is a great treatment for diarrhoea
- A great remedy for cold feet and hands
- Cinnamon is mainly used as a carminative additive to herbal prescriptions
- It is very useful in dyspepsia with nausea, flatulent dyspepsia, intestinal colic and the atonic digestives that are associated with colds and debilitating conditions
- It provides relief from nausea and vomiting, and
- The essential oil of cinnamon has a potent antibacterial, and anti-fungal, and uterine stimulant
Following is a great recipe that is a natural diabetes cure that includes cinnamon that will help with your diabetes treatment:
Cinnamon & Fruit Smoothie
1 cup of frozen mixed strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
1 large banana
¼ cup of honey
1 cup of skim milk
½ cup of low fat yoghurt, plain or vanilla
2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Serve immediately.
Cinnamon for diabetes treatment is a natural diabetes cure that should be included in your daily management of diabetes so that you can achieve good health.